Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Late night meal cookies!


I've found recently that whenever I'm chilling out or winding down from a long day, I get the urge to bake!

This urge usually doesn't hit me until it's "too late" to start anything, so I usually ignore it. On Thursday night; however, I decided to go with it! So at 9:00 p.m. on a work night, I started baking these yummy and healthy cookies, adapted from Dreena's Vegan Recipes. These cookies are so filling, they're almost a meal! 




Meal Cookies 


1 cup quick oats
2/3 cup whole wheat flour 
1/4 tsp (rounded) sea salt
1/4 – 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/3 cup dried cranberries
3 tbsp chocolate chips
2 tbsp sliced almonds1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup Psyllium husk 
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
3 tbsp almond butter 
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp canola oil


Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). 


In a bowl, combine oats, flour, salt, cinnamon, coconut, raisins, chocolate chips, sift in baking powder, and stir until well combined. 


In a separate bowl, combine flax meal, syrup, almond butter, and vanilla and stir until well combined. Stir in oil. 


Add wet mixture to dry, and stir until just well combined (do not overmix). 


Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon batter onto baking sheet evenly space apart, and lightly flatten. 


Bake for 13 minutes (no longer, or they will dry out). 


Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 1 minute (no longer), then transfer to a cooling rack.




Of course, I had to have a taste of the maple syrup before it went in to the mix, I am Canadian after all! ;)




R.

No comments:

Post a Comment