Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

An introduction!


Welcome friends, to my first real post on this little blog of mine.

I've found some 'Healthy Living Blogs' to be a tremendous help to me over the past year as I lost 65 pounds, so I thought it might be a good exercise to start one of my own as I enter the maintenance stage of the weight loss plan.

First things first, an introduction:

My name is Rachèle (pronounced ra-shell), and I am 24 years old. I am born and raised in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

I live with my wonderful boyfriend Beau, who shall henceforth be known on the blog as the Aussie.

As I mentioned earlier, I began my weight loss journey almost exactly a year ago to the date.

Just tonight, one of my friends posted some pictures from a houseboating trip from July of last year, and I have to say I was shocked by them. It's one thing to look back on photos of myself that I had already seen, but it was much more shocking to see pictures that I hadn't seen!


The first picture is from that houseboating trip, in July 2009.

And now... From a Girl's Night Weekend in Banff, August 2010.

On this blog, I hope to share some of the way that I was able to lose the weight while maintaining my lifestyle and sanity. I also hope to share other parts of my life, including my interest in fashion, music and general awesome funtimes.

Some topics I intend to cover in the next couple of posts:
- How I lost the weight
- Thoughts on the upcoming 'maintenance' phase
- A photo tour of my apartment
- A list of some of the blogs that kept me going on my weight loss journey, and inspired me to start this one.

Hope to see you around!

-R.

No comments:

Post a Comment