Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

You Should Hear This: Arcade Fire

Without a doubt, “Arcade Fire” has been typed into Google and Youtube quite a bit within the past week since the Montreal band won a Grammy for Album of the Year.

I could not be more thrilled for them! Not only is this a huge accomplishment for the band, but for Canadian music industry as a whole. Canada has a wonderful music scene (believe it or not) and I’m so glad that talent is being recognized!

For those who might not be as familiar, I’d like to share a couple of my favourite Arcade Fire songs!

This is the song that first got me hooked on the Arcade Fire. It’s from their 2004 album, Funeral.

Wake Up is another one of my favourites from their first album.

Black Mirror is one of my favourite songs from their second album, Neon Bible. I love the weird dark circus-esque sound towards the middle of the song.

And one final thing, if your use Google Chrome be sure to visit The Wilderness Downtown. It’s an ingenious interactive music video for We Used to Wait from their Grammy winning album, The Suburbs. I don’t want to give it away but I’ll suffice it to say that it incorporates your life into the music video!

Have a lovely day!

 

R.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm so glad that you found me! I'm still kinda new to calgary. I love Arcade Fire!! :)
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete