Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What I learned from my first pole dancing class:

Yes, I took my very first pole dancing class last night. No, I don’t have dreams of strutting my stuff for the next amateur night at the French Maid. I had heard about pole dancing for fitness from seeing some demonstrations at the Taboo shows. When I saw a Groupon for Aradia Fitness, I thought it would be fun to sign up with some friends.

Here is what I learned at my first class:

1. ‘Sexy walking’ ruins pedicures.

2. It’s hard to be sexy when you feel about as graceful as a llama on ice skates.

3. These women are to be respected and feared. That shiz is so much harder than it looks.

 

*Obviously, this video is NSFW. There’s no blatant nudity, but I don’t think too many bosses want to see ‘Pole Dancing Championships’ on their employees internet history.

I did have a lot of fun though! It’s definitely going to take some time before I don’t feel awkward with my rubbing my ‘wandering hands’  all over myself in front of a group of strangers, but I guess practice makes perfect? I’m looking forward to the next class, we are learning the Fireman Spin! Watch out!

R.

3 comments:

  1. Hahah. That sounds so fun! The Maid is so dirty, there's no way you want to touch those poles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - my mind would love to have a go but I don't think my body has the resources!

    I did a 'stripping' workshop once - well, it was only taking off long gloves but the woman who taught us was amazing. I couldn't get the hang of that either - teasing the glove off in your teeth is supposed to look sexy not as if you're hungry!

    ReplyDelete