Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Friday Favourties – Volume 2!

It’s time for another  round-up of my favourites of the week! Always an honourable mention in the list is the fact that it’s Friday! It’s a long weekend here in Canada too! Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Without further adieu, and it no particular order:

Fresh Apple Bread from Sweet Savory Planet

applebread

My co-worker was telling me that she had a laundry basket full of apples from her apple picking excursion, and didn’t know what she was going to do with them all! I printed this recipe for her when I saw it and MAN IS IT DELICIOUS.  She added a little nutmeg to the mix, which was a nice touch! In her words (and I agree wholeheartedly)… “It’s a keeper!”

 

This picture found on yes and yes

learnto 

Yes and Yes is one of my favourite non-food blogs. It’s full of interesting articles inspiring advice, and pretty pictures. Like this one! I love the picture and the message!

 

Bacon Cinnamon Rolls from Framed

baconcinnamonrolls 

Yes. You read that right. BACON cinnamon rolls! This woman may have unleashed delicousness of unspeakable magnitude upon us all! I haven’t tried these yet, but I’m fairly confident that when I do, I will never want to eat anything else ever again. Check out the rest of this blog too! I love the writing style, and the recipes are amazing and creative (*ahem* Mac ‘n Cheese Cupcakes and French Toast Muffins) if not a little hazardous to the waistline!

 

Hipster Puppies

hipsterpuppies

The name says it all. It is just pure glory!

 

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

P1010822

I’m firmly on Team Soft and Chewy when it comes to cookies! The only time I really like crunchy cookies are when they’re dipped in milk! These cookies are where. it’s. at!

I made them for a charity bake sale at Mr. Aussie’s (my boyfriend) work, and the reviews I received are “the better than the ones from Cookie Occasion (a local bakery)” and “This is one of the best cookies I’ve ever had”. Funny story: The latter review was from a member of the Calgary Police Service who questioned my boyfriend when he saw him walking by with a tray of cookies. Mr. Aussie explained that they were being sold for charity, so 3 officers bought some of the cookies from him before they made it to the bake sale table! Of course, he gave the money to the organizers.

Now who knows, maybe Mr. Aussie is making this stuff up so that I keep baking for him! ;)

Don’t fret.. I’ll share the recipe this week!

Until next time! Cheers!

R.

No comments:

Post a Comment